1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ABS Function!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by cireecnop1, Feb 15, 2007.

1. cireecnop1

cireecnop1 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just wanted to put out there that I LOVE that ABS on my Prius! its completely silent and the brake pedal does not pulsate when its being activated.

Thumbs Up Toyota!!!!

2. Bill Lumbergh

Bill Lumbergh USAF Aircraft Maintainer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't know if I'd say it was awesome, but it's definitely quiet and hard to notice. I get ABS activation every day to and from work (along with traction control), so I've learned to recognize when they're working.

ABS put me into the middle of an intersection last week when it was 32 degrees outside and the ice had a layer of water on top. Had I been able to lock up the tires, I would have pushed a small pile of snow to help me stop. The other 98% of the time, though, ABS helps.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The minimal intrusion of the ABS pulsing is a good sign especially those who aren't used to ABS and have the tendency to relieve pressure on the brake pedal when they feel the pulse or if they're not strong enough to hold the pedal down. It's definitely less noticeable than on our Camry.

4. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Remember, the only thing ABS buys you is steering while braking.

If you just step on the brakes, the ABS won't stop you any quicker.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rick Auricchio @ Feb 16 2007, 03:52 PM) [snapback]391779[/snapback]</div>
    Depends on the road surface. On paved road, it will. On powder snow or mud, it won't.

6. jmann

jmann Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    ABS INCREASES stopping distance, though not a whole lot. I think Honda published results that showed the stopping distance change, and it was about a 5% increase with ABS activated.