1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ABS is failing intermittently. Its not the actuator or 12v battery however...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by drewker, Dec 14, 2019.

1. drewker

drewker New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    2005 Prius with 175k miles...

Toyota dealer diagnostic found code: C1247 / 179

Apparently its not the actuator or the 12v battery as is mentioned in several threads here. I tested the voltage of the battery and it was in the correct range. I was so hoping that was the culprit. The dealer said its the skid control ECU assembly. They cleared the code and the problem went away however. Presently the brakes are working fine, but its really scary when it happens as the car does not feel safe to drive. Toyota dealer said it will cost 3 grand to fix it...

Curiously, it seems that clearing the ABS lights with the scan tool will solve this problem....temporarily. This happened 2 months ago for the first time. I took it to a regular joe mechanic and he just cleared the code and checked the connection to the brake reservoir. I was back on the road in 10 minutes and did not have another brake issue until today....

Any ideas?? Any way to disable / bypass the ABS system??

Will any ABS scan tool work or do you need a specific one....I'm thinking maybe I could just clear the codes when this happens again myself and hopefully everything would be fine. This car has been running like a champ since I bought it a couple of years ago. Any input is greatly appreciated.

#1 drewker, Dec 14, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  2. Eric_1234

Eric_1234 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Have you been able to sort the issue. I am having low pressure actuator intermitently.