1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ABS light blinks, no codes, goes away

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Pablo.nyc, Aug 24, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Pablo.nyc

Pablo.nyc New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    One
    In my 2002 174k miles gen1 abs light started to blink. It blinks for a while and goes away.

Car drives fine, brakes work as before. Obd has no codes, I still need to connect techstream to make sure that it will not show anything.

Servo goes bad? Or one of the wheel bearings with build in abs sensor needs attention - all are still stock

2. ronlewis

ronlewis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I'm guessing there is a code, you're just not seeing it. Since you have TechStream, you'll know shortly. For others who don't have TS, you can insert a jumper wire between two pins on the OBDII connector (IIRC, it's #4 and #11) and the dash lights will blink in a rhythm that reveals the codes. For example, 5 quick blinks, a pause, then two blinks might be repeated if you have the brake code with the 52 extension.

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Yes, that's a good technique to know, as you can always get the codes from the brake system (and a few other systems in the car) that way, even if you have no good scan tool handy, and we have a whole page about it:

Blink (a/k/a Flash) Codes – How to. | PriusChat

ronlewis likes this.
  4. Pablo.nyc

Pablo.nyc New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Well, I have just finished with Techstream. No codes whatsoever stored.

And so far the abs light did not blink as before. Only when I connect techstream it keeps blinking.