1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Abs light ON and OFF no codes posted

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by askced, Dec 10, 2018.

1. askced

askced New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I am assuming this is a sensor issue but am new to owning a prius. my prius is a 2005 and has a rebuilt title. I hear a motor noise after shutting off the car that a friend said he thought was a sign of a bad abs actuator module. I thought the noise was the heat storage tank pump. The noise happens immediately after shutting off the car. TIA

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The engine coolant heat recovery system pump is located in front of the left front tire while the brake actuator is located on the firewall. It would be good if you can pin down what is making the noise. It is normal for the CHRS pump to run upon startup and shutdown.

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Your title says something about an ABS light, but nothing about it in your post. Is something going on with the ABS light?

The sound seems like the normal operation of the CHRS pump, nothing to do with the brakes.