1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ABS out after tire pressure sensor replaced?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Andrewest, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Andrewest

Andrewest New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I took my Prius to get one of the air pressure sensors replaced on a front tire. When they returned it to me they told me that the ABS and the VSC lights were on and did I know that. I told them that was not on before. Anyway they told me they could not fix it an I needed to take it to the dealer to get it re-calibrated which i did for $140.00
    How can I prove that this happened when the tire was being worked on, or can I?
    Thanks
    Andre

2. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Unfortunately that would be difficult to prove. Did the dealer say exactly what they had to do to correct the problem?

3. Andrewest

Andrewest New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Jd Thanks for the quick reply
    here is what the report said
    ABS light and Traction control light on
    Zero point calibration undone, Performed calibration for zero point and Calibrated Yaw Rate and deceleration sensor

4. PriusInParadise

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I suppose it's possible that the tire shop caused that when attempting to register the new tire pressure sensor. Do they do wheel alignments? After performing a wheel alignment, a zero calibration (of the steering angle sensor) should be done. I don't know what kind of equipment they are using, but maybe they inadvertently cleared the values in the ABS/VSC. The tire pressure monitor system is separate from the ABS/VSC system, by the way.

5. Andrewest

Andrewest New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for the help I am sure they did but like you said it is their word against mine