1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ABS SOL relay

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by oyoung122, Aug 19, 2011.

1. oyoung122

oyoung122 New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just had the same problem with the post of "2001 ABS/Brake Alarm & Light" in one week.

So I brought it to the TOYOTA deal yesterday, the diagnose said ABS pump leak needed to be replace which costs a lot! Thank Patrick Wong! It is the same question.

While I am thinking of replacing it, I just opened the hook of my 2001 Prius, noticed there is a box named RELAY. Because it costed me $500 to replay two of them three month ago, I just curiously open the box.

I found ABS SOL is missing, is this normal? or the dealer forget to put it in after diagnose? :confused:

Thank you!

2. TarekData

TarekData New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi Oyoung

We have the same issue, would you please share the photo of your fuse box and the place of missing relay ?

3. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    This thread is in the Generation 1 Prius Discussion forum, which is about Prius cars for model years 2003 and earlier; user @oyoung122 hasn’t logged in to PriusChat for more than eight years.

If your question is about the 2011 Prius mentioned in your profile, you can start a new thread in one of the third-generation forums. Keep in mind that the ABS SOL (ABS solenoid) relay doesn’t exist as a separately-replaceable part on third-generation models, on which it’s integrated into the skid control ECU, part of the brake booster with master cylinder assembly.

4. Crossvillain

Crossvillain New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I have a 2001 prius, it has a problem with starting and the battery draining. I traced it to the abs relay. I pulled it out and ordered another one. I started up fine every time for a week. I put the replacement relay in and it went back to needing a jump every time. Today I pulled the new one out and it's back to working again. Drives exactly the same, just has a light on the dash that says brake...

5. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    My take is there's more to this story.