1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ABS Speed Sensor/Battery Warning Lights

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Marinero94, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Marinero94

Marinero94 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello Forum. I have a 2006 Pruis. I had my ABS and the triangle of death light turn on twice now. Both time after I turn the power off and on, the problem went away. Yesterday, the triangle of death and then the main battery light turn on. Then soon after, the ABS lights come on and I lost petal power. I pulled tot he side of the road and had to come to a hard stop, on the freeway. To avoid being hit. Once I power the car down and then back up, all the lights rest. Does anyone know what could be causing this issues? How do I test for it?

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Simple matter of plugging a laptop with Techstream into the port under the dash and letting the car tell you about the problem, whatever it is. Hundreds of possibilities, so guessing isn't a good use of time. But if you are asking the question now, I assume you don't have such a setup at the moment, and while you can read plenty of threads here to find out about it, the fastest answer to your current question could be to visit the dealer and let them do it.

-Chap