1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ABS, VSC and Brake warning lights won't go away

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by JohnnyKGen2, Oct 24, 2021.

1. JohnnyKGen2

JohnnyKGen2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Hello all,

I acquired new wheels and TPMS sensors recently and was trying to use some OBD devices to get the car to learn the new IDs. None of the devices seemed to be able to write to the car; it appeared that the car was "stuck in the TPMS loop" so I connected pins 4 and 13 as documented to get out of that loop. However, after shorting them and leavint the car running for a few trials between a few seconds and a full 30 minutes, not only does the TPMS system seem to be stuck in a loop, but the ABS, VSC and Brake lights are all solid upon starting the car. At this point I'm fine not being able to program the sensors but I dont feel comfortable driving the car with all those warnings present. I checked fuses and they all seem fine and my 12v battery is close to new. Is there any other way to clear those codes save for a Techstream installation or a trip to the stealership?

2. JohnnyKGen2

JohnnyKGen2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    I should mention there is no check engine light and no error codes found via scanning.

3. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    "No codes found" means that your scantool is not up to the task for working on a prius. If you have a whole bunch of warning lights on, there's gotta be a code in one of those systems. So you need a scantool that can access all ecu's on your car.

AFAIK, there is no means of programming new TPMS sensors to a Toyota via shorting DLC pins. The sensor ID codes have to be entered (programmed as data) into the tire pressure warning ecu. The fancy ($$) TPMS tools have an OBD plug and program automatically. Most capable scantools (including Techstream) require you to type in the ID once you have entered the TPMS programming function. (hope you wrote down the new ID codes somewhere).

So there are two reasons for you to have your own Techstream.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

4. JohnnyKGen2

JohnnyKGen2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Using a scantool, I have the following error codes:

C1203
    C1345
    C1392

Sounds like they are mostly related to the Skid control ECU and "initializeing the linear solenoid value - calibration undone"

5. RadarWatch

RadarWatch Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Have you found anything else? I have a brake issue and this is the most recent thread related to ABS/brakes. Waiting for my MiniVCI to come in but want to be prepared.

6. JohnnyKGen2

JohnnyKGen2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    I can't post the link due to being a new account, but if you google "yaw sensor calibration prius" there is a PDF from PriusChat from 2019/11 called "CALIBRATION - PriusChat".

Using the non-Techstream option within this PDF made the warning lights go away and the brakes seem to be working fine now!

NotForTheBurnouts likes this.