1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ABS, VSC, (!), and ! triangle all on losses power at starts

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by zayachurch, Jun 22, 2010.

1. zayachurch

zayachurch New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    all the brake lights and master lights are on, and it seems to drive fine then at a stop light i start to move and it jerks a bit than looses almost all power it will still drive but barely and it has high RPM'S then I pull over and restart the car and it goes away for about another 10 to 20 miles. DTC codes are fuel to air meetering, replace hybrid battery pack, and block 11 becomes weak, do you think this might be caused by a bad skid control ECU?

2. Bob64

Bob64 Sapphire of the Blue Sky

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Uhh... so basically you have codes that says you need a new hybrid battery. Why arn't u having your dealer fix that first - under the hybrid warranty, of course?

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    No, I think that you need to start by replacing the traction battery. Then see if you still have an engine-related DTC and if so fix that problem.

Measure voltage across the 12V battery when the car is READY. If below 13.8VDC, then the brake warning lights are probably on because the DC/DC converter in the inverter is not working. This might be because the traction battery is impaired or perhaps your car has a problem with the inverter or the inverter coolant pump.

If the voltage is correct, then the skid control ECU might be bad but the braking system might have some other problem, like failure of the brake actuator. You'll need to obtain the skid control ECU DTC to see what is going on there.