1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ABS VSC break lights all on PRIUS 07

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by eem, Sep 3, 2017.

1. eem

eem New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Please help me all the break lights on my prius are on i changed the brake booster a month ago. it was believed to be the issue and drove great and now the same issues arise like the booster is constantly rattling and i have to step very hard for the car to come to a stop. Its as if the brake fluid isnt flowing correctly like a build up happens im not sure tbh just speculation. Please if anyone has advise that isn't going to the dealer it would be greatly appreciated

2. hchu1

hchu1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Did you do this yourself, a dealer, or independent? If the last two take it back for them to troubleshoot. If you did it, did you use the techstream/mini vci unit to assist you? You could have air in the line, it would need to be rebleed.

3. eem

eem New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Im not sure if the independent shop i went to used that device I will check tomorrow

4. eem

eem New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Could it be anything else? The brake booster rattles like every 10 seconds while the car is on ready

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    did you get the extended warranty on the booster?

6. eem

eem New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Im positive the issue isnt the booster, it was used

7. hchu1

hchu1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    The brake system on the Prius is a bit particular versus other systems. The Techstream tool is pretty much necessary for successful repair of the brake system. So your repair guy will have to have something like it to work on the brakes.