1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

absurd to the max...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by galaxee, Jun 17, 2005.

1. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I punished myself today by leaving late on a Friday, thus forcing myself to deal with the morons who typically drive around during rush hour.... and while sitting at a red light in silent Prius bliss, what do I see?

A six door pickup truck

You have GOT to be kidding me. And here I thought a 4 door pickup was kinda stupid. But six?? That just tops off my week... and to think I was amazed at the brainiac in my lot at Duke who went out and bought a white Hummer H3...

So much absurdity, everywhere I look in this town.

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

Tonight, I sat in Atlanta (worst in US?) traffic tonight for 90+ minutes. The sea of cars surrounding me was stifling, both in terms of breathing and conceptually. I finally saw my first Prius on the top-end Perimeter: an elderly couple with Tennessee tags driving through (around?) town. He seemed content and his Tideland looked cool.

As of today, I now have Prius coming to me in 3 weeks, and am afraid of getting run over by the 6-door monsters you speak of.

3. Hybrid_Dave

Hybrid_Dave New Member

You think Hummers and six door pickups are bad? You should get a load of the new International brand pick up truck that's been out for a few months. Forget the name of it exactly, but google it. I can't be responsible for the amount of vomit on your keyboard afterwards though :p

Edit: found the link to one article about it:

http://4wheeldrive.about.com/od/buysellcar...ne/a/intcxt.htm

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

5. Hybrid_Dave

Hybrid_Dave New Member

Yep, it's the CXT...aside from the green tech diesel, I just don't see the need for anyone (individual) to own one like that. Just a tad bit excessive.

6. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hybrid_Dave\";p=\"99536)</div>
    My general neighborhood (3+ miles) is filled with TEENS driving hummers, navigators, nissan titans, etc. If the CXT becomes cool at the high school I am afraid I am going to be run over. Have a Jeep at the moment and have seen lots of weird stuff happen with kids behind wheels of the big guns.

7. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Unless everyone drives a midsize sedan, there will never be a shortage of bigasstruck and regular car collisions. And unfortunately those of us in the regular cars are disadvantaged.

That international truck is also completely absurd. There's too much out there that makes no sense to me...