1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

AC Auto problem

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by finny, Apr 9, 2012.

1. finny

finny New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My 2005 Prius is having a problem with the AC. It will only blow cold air if the temp is set at MAX COLD. Any other temp setting and it will blow hot air. Really hot air. It makes no difference what the outside or inside temps are. Is there a simple fix for this?
    I can control the AC by setting it on Max Cold and changing the fan speed, but I would like for it to work on the auto setting the way it is supposed to.

2. dianeinreno

dianeinreno Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If what you say is correct - that it indeed makes no difference what the inside or outside temp is - if that is in fact correct then there is no simple fix and you will have to take it to a dealer.

Does your car exhibit this behavior when "auto" is both on or off - or just when "auto" is on?

3. finny

finny New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    It doesn't matter whether auto is off or on, the only way it will blow cold air is if it is set on Max Cold. If I take it off Max Cold (even set to 66 degrees) it blows hot. I live in south Louisiana, and it's already getting hot here.

4. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sounds like you are low on Freon. Stop by the dealer and have the system checked, and recharged if necessary!