1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ac blinking light- need relay help

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by jasonneedshybrid, Aug 6, 2009.

1. jasonneedshybrid

jasonneedshybrid New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    we have the dreaded toyota blinking light issue. it is an intermittent issue. i have the brilliant idea of changing the ac clutch relay in the fuse box. problem is, now that i have this $60 dealer part, i cannot find where to install it. i pop the hood, and on the right side (drivers side) (looking under the hood from the front of the car) is a fuse and relay box where one of the relays seem to match what i bought. it is labeled cir opn. im wondering if i should pop it out and replace it with this new relay. it is light blue just like mine. the toyota parts guy said it would be black if it was the old one, but maybe someone replaced it with a new one. on the left side of the car (passenger side) i opened the fuse/relay box over there and found a black one that said a/c w/p. wierd that the ac and water pump would share one. that really cant be it, it doesn't make sense. but its the only one resembling being labeled for ac. does anyone know where the ac clutch relay is. i have this part that i'd really like to see if it fixes the problem like it does for alot of 02 camrys. thanks,
    jason

SIMPLE VERSION: where is the ac clutch relay located?

2. ea8631

ea8631 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Technology
    from the wire dirgiam I have it's look like the CLR MG Relay is for control the ac clutch, which is locate on the fues box on driver side in the rngine room.

please let me know if you can solve the problem since I have the same problem right now and my friend told me I need to replace the a/c clutch since it have 200000 miles on it. but I want to try to cheap way to fix it first before I head to the more expensive way.

3. lennyz

lennyz New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There is also a relay in the fuse box inside the driver's side door area.Left side of dash.