1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

AC Diagnostic Light won't blink, aka, Eureka - I don't know what it means yet

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by WadeLovell, Apr 26, 2016.

1. WadeLovell

WadeLovell Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The green lights work on the AC and Max AC buttons. However, when I attempt the ignition on, fan off, press AC button 3x, fan to auto - nothing happens. No light blinking at all. What failed part or relay does this point to?

Thanks in advance. I apologize for the new thread but I didn't want to leave this buried under "Blower fan suddenly stopped working" although I really hope they are related.

Wade

I subscribed to techinfo and still do not have an answer. What component is implicated when the A/C won't display DTCs? (But seems otherwise functional.)

2. royfrontenac

royfrontenac Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Roy from Canada here

The clutch on the compressor is slipping - buy a shim kit from toyota ($5) and install a thin shim in the clutch. There are threads on this forum on how to do it, Takes about 1 hour. I have four 2001 prius cars I have had to adjust them with shims. You do not have to remove compressor from the car to do it,

Roy