1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

AC

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Graz, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Graz

Graz Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi Everyone,

I have seen reference to DENSO developing a C02 based Air Conditioner system for the Toyota Hybrid. Can any of you tell me if that is what I have installed on my '05?

Sorry if this topic has been discussed. But I did a couple of searches and I didn't see this question..

TIA!!!

2. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    No, the C02 based system isn't installed anywhere that I know of.

Denso does make the compressor on the Prius, but it uses regular refrigerant, just less of it.

3. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Here's a presentation by Ken Matsunaga, one of the Denso Developers.

4. jeromep

jeromep Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That electric inverter A/C pdf is very interesting, however I wish there were a printed transcript of the speakers presentation to go along with the graphs and charts. I'm not an engineer so some of it goes over my head without having the gaps filled in by the developer of the graphs.

Well, it has to be a more interesting presentation than a lot of other PowerPoints I have seen where I basically could read a hours worth of presentation on screen in 15 minutes. Giving him credit, a good presentation is where the audience doesn't read the same stuff you are reading them off the same PowerPoints.