1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Accel Position Sensor

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Cheap!, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

Does anyone know what type of comunications is transmited through the Accel Position Sensor (A13) and the Hybrid Vehicle Control ECU "H16( C )"? I was wondering if it was a data signal, a voltage signal, or just a on/off signal. Have any of you done any reasearch on this topic?

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    it's a variable resistor.

3. ken1784

ken1784 SuperMID designer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Oct 14 2006, 11:20 AM) [snapback]332572[/snapback]</div>
    Japanese Prius is equiped with a "hall elements" to detect the magnetic field change.

Ken@Japan

4. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    I have a 2001 Prius, and for all those of the classic model (that I have seen) there are two ganged variable resistors. Prius applies 5 volts across the full length of the resistance track, and reads the 'divided voltage' at the wipers.

If you want to know more about this device, see my description in the files section of the yahoo toyota-prius-sat2 group.

Even though the technical manuals say otherwise, not until 2003 at the earliest was the change made to Hall Effect sensors. Somebody else is going to have to explain the details about how those work.

5. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  6. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hobbit @ Oct 15 2006, 09:19 PM) [snapback]333243[/snapback]</div>
    That better then what I've been looking at. I am just trying to figure out if I can create a falls echo in the system to simulate a perfect glide pedal position electronically.

Also here where the largest hill is an over pass it would be nice if cruise control would not engage the regen system just because I speed coasting down hill 1 mph over the set speed. Here in Houston I would like the down hills to be "run away" so if I can gain 5 mph in speed, let me., Then lets get back to cruise after I had a little bit of silent running.