1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

acceration have mechanical inertia friction sharp noise from engine

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by CHL, Mar 21, 2019.

1. CHL

CHL New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi all,
    I've one used 2007 gen2. This car in acceration about low speed (45~65km) have very big mechanical inertia friction of sharp noise from engine.

I don't know how to fix the issue. It's kind of disturbing driver very much (if not turn on music).

Actually, over 70km still have this noise, but at that speed, the outside total environment noise can almost cover this noise. So driver can ignore it, but in low speed condition, it drive me crazy.

Can someone willing share me the alike issue !?

I provide youtube linking as following.

thanks

#1 CHL, Mar 21, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome! sounds normal to me, have you driven another?

3. CHL

CHL New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Bisco,
    The used car it has 235,000km, but the maintence record from 2007~2019 are in Toyota offical company.
    That's why I brought it from a person. However, I don't know why video sound upload to Youtube becoming smaller a few.
    Also I don't know another used gen2 cars whether have the noise or not? Since our country(Taiwan) only sell less 800 gen 2 cars, so I ask the question from USA biggest prius chat website.

Thanks

4. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sounds ok to me too.

Change the engine oil. Change the transmission oil. Check the engine water pump for leaking.
    Replace the engine water pump belt.

Many times doing simple maintenance on the car you discover other things that are bad on the car.