1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Accesories and my new 08

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Nightwind15, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Nightwind15

Nightwind15 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hey Guys,
    I have owned about every toyota and honda on the market and started driving vw beetles back in the sixities. I love this Prius. Now for the help. I need to know the most inexpensive place to buy weather guard floor mats, and other accessories. write me [email protected] !

Looking forward to this forum and sharing experiences with the new PRIUS!!

2. Steamboatsig

Steamboatsig Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    So you want us to do your homework for you. :confused: What is in it for us?

3. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hello Nighwind15. Congrats on the new car. This forum has a great place to shop for accessories for your Prius. Click on the BTTech link and it will take you there. Enjoy shopping. ;)

4. cyberprius

cyberprius Mtn Bikes don't need foglights

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I've used ToyotaPartsPeople.com - Genuine Toyota Parts and Toyota Accessories, as I understand it, it is a Toyota dealer in Washington State that sells over the web at special prices. For example, they have the Toyota made cabin filter for the Prius at $13.85. Rubber floor mat set (also original Toyota) for $68.00

They are not real good at letting you know that they got your order or that they shipped it, but in my experience they shipped ASAP and all was as "advertised." They would NOT have things like WeatherTech, though, since that is not original Toyota

5. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    For color "matched" (not color "keyed") front and rear bumper guard strips, go to BumperDefender.com. You'll need an 8' length for the rear, and two 3.5' lengths for the front (if your front has a license plate holder in the middle). Total cost is less than $80. You'll need an anvil type shear to trim them, which you may already have --- they're the typical anvil type garden pruning shears with a cutting edge on top that drops onto a flat "anvil" bottom. If you need to buy an anvil type shear, you can buy it for around $12 from BumperDefender.com or your local Home Depot or other garden supplies store.

If you're interested, tell me what color Prius you have. I might be able to tell you which color from BumperDefender.com matches best.

EDIT/Supplement: For other stuff, check the PriusChat Shop. Prices are good and your buying from it helps support this great forum.

6. TUXTAILS

TUXTAILS tuxtails

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Tom thanks for the info. Have you tried the door edge guards from that company, intrested in purchasing them

7. Nightwind15

Nightwind15 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The color is white. Also I am looking for mud guards! Toyota here says there are non and that is weird as I see them on the touring model.

8. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Tuxtails,

If you're interested in getting the bumper guard strips or door edge guards from BumperDefender.com, I hear that "Inferno Red" is the company's best color match to your Barcelona Red Metallic.

No I haven't tried the company's door edge guards. I'm not interested because I have the PriusChat color-keyed (exact same color as the car) body side moldings on my Prius, and didn't want to mix (i) trim colors on the doors, and (ii) horizontal moldings and vertical edge guards on the doors.

BTW, I think the door edge guards may not be available anymore ... when you go to the web site and try clicking on the purchase button for the door edge guards, nothing happens.

Good luck. Feel free to PM me if you think I might be of any help.

9. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Nightwind15,

I heard that BumperDefender.com's "Super White" is not the best color match to your Toyota Super White. But if I were you, I would order samples of all three of BumperDefender.com's whites (Super White, Brite White and Creamy White) and see for yourself.

OEM mud guards are available here at the PriusChat Shop at a good price, and again, buying from PriusChat helps to support this site.

Oh, and another place to check for modifications and accessories (but not necessarily at the lowest prices), is SigmaAutomotive.com:

Sigma Automotive – HID, PIAA, auto lighting, auto accessories, xenon, 350z, jdm, wrx, sti, 5zigen, hyper ground system

Click on the Prius link in the right column to see all of their Prius stuff.

Good luck. Feel free to PM if you think I can be of any help.