1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Accessories Questions

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by RocMills, Aug 22, 2012.

1. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    My budget is tight... this new PC2 is going to cost me more than I expected (higher monthly payments, higher registration, higher insurance rates)... but I am looking at some accessories. I am mostly interested in the rear bumper protector and the cargo net.

Can anyone here comment on those two items? I'd prefer to buy them *here* in order to support this forum (and because i'm certain they would cost more from the toyota store), but are they worth the money? Same question for the front windshield heat/sun protector. I have tried two different sizes of the "to store, bend and twist into a circle" type of heat protectors... one was too small and the other too large. I very much like the look of the customized fold-out one in the shop here, but where do I put when it is not in use?

2. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I do like the cargo net and rear bumper protector on our C. I dont like messing with a windshield cover. So, I have a dash mat on the dash. Looks real nice, in my opinion, because the brand I got fits really good. I had to buy the cargo net. Wife is spoiled by the one we have in the Vibe gt. It is good to hold things that would roll around while coming home from the grocery store. The black rear bumper protector speaks for itself. Just works.
    Dan

RocMills likes this.
  3. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks, Dan. The rear bumper protector seemed almost a no-brainer to me. I prefer to keep the rear seats down to better accommodate groceries and to increase rear visibility, but I think a cargo net would be good as well.

I have not yet seen any dash covers that pleased me, and due to the extreme heat we get here in Vegas a windshield heat screen is mandatory not to protect the dash but to decrease the insane temperature inside the cabin.

4. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    When we winter in Az. we use a windshield cover in the Vibe. Did not realize you were in the desert.
    I folded the rear seats down the day we got the heated leather put in and they stay that way unless we have a grandchild riding with us.
    Dan

RocMills likes this.
  5. ChinchillaGirl

ChinchillaGirl OrcaCar

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four

The rear bumber (black rubbery, nit clear) was a must for me, as i use the rear cargo area at least twice a day. I added the cargo net, and at first I was kicking myself for not keeping the one I already had for the RAV4 I traded in. Now, though, this is better, fits perfectly, and has a "handle" which makes it easier to pull open when your arms are full. I live on a twisty road, so nets keep things from rolling around, and are a real necessity for me.

[​IMG]