1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Accessory debate

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by robing25, Sep 4, 2012.

1. robing25

robing25 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My husband and I are debating whether to get the lower door chrome moldings. Also, the pinstriping. Does anyone have any suggestions on which way to go? Hurry as I am going back to the dealer tomorrow to get work done. Thanks :)

2. El Nino

El Nino Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  3. Dakine50

Dakine50 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Really not a fan of pinstriping, imho it belongs on custom street rods and the like. I do however like the lower door moldings as it adds character to the slab sides of the Prius and gives it a Lexus-like upscale look. Main thing is to do what you like, that's what customizing is all about! Hope this helps.

robing25 likes this.
  4. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Not a fan of either.

5. Big Joe

Big Joe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not a big fan of either, but I really hate the plain jane slab of silver that is my Prius paint job. I have a buddy who teaches auto body at the local vo-tech, so I took it to him. We picked out a nice subtle pinstripe in a shade of metallic just a bit darker than the paint job. Depending on the lighting, it can show pretty well, or be almost hidden. He calls it a 'ghost-stripe.' His kids did a nice job of curving it around the natural lines of the body & windows. The pictures don't quite do it justice, especially how they taper the ends into a point. They also brought it from over the tailights and across the edge of the spoiler. I'm not sure I'll keep that one on. But it only cost 20 bucks for the materials, and the labor was free.

01.JPG 02.JPG 03.JPG

Attached Files:

• 04.JPG
      04.JPG
      File size:
      2.3 MB
      Views:
    ockevin likes this.
  6. robing25

robing25 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks everyone for their opinions. I am glad that people are here to support each other. I ended up getting both. I had the pinstriping painted on...black..very thin and looks great. Breaks up the large panel of white door. Also, really debated the lower side door chrome moldings but in the end, I am so glad I put them on. Really gives the door a nice look. I will post pics when I upload them to computer. Thanks again. It really ends up being a personal opinion that we each much end up being happy with. So hard to make that decision though. Especially when it is painted on. haha :)

7. Big Joe

Big Joe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sounds great, looking forward to the pics! Bottom line is, it's your car...make it look how you like.