1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Accessory recommendations? Sources?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Agontyr, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Agontyr

Agontyr New Member

Okay, so the Prius has been in the driveway for a couple of days and I'm becoming very protective already. I've been searching/reading the forums and I've come up with a few questions:

1) Seat Covers: Better to buy from GT directly or to get from Toyota dealership? Are they really the same? Do the colors match well? My interior is the 2006 Beige. (Bisque? It doesn't look like any bisque I ever ate.)

2) MFD screen protector: Are the eBay ones comparable to the NuShield in fit & quality? Feedback on either would be appreciated.

3) Steering wheel cover: Any recommendations other than Wheelskins? I'm not fond of leather and would rather have a quality fabric/neoprene one that would get replaced periodically.

4) Floor Mats: Do the Exactmats really fit as well as they look like they do? I already have some heavy duty winter mats that I'd like to use, but I'm looking at the Exactmats for extra protection and for the cargo area where I currently have nothing.

5) Heavy-duty bumper protector: Easy to install? Does anyone other than Toyota make one? This is a must have for me since this will be my wife's car and she hauls a carry-on sized piece of luggage around filled with paperwork most of the year. Her 1998 CR-V had a gray ABS bumper and the scratches were still obvious.

6) Toyota Technical Manual - Necessary? Useful? Useless? I do maintain my vehicles including oil changes, brakes, and the like and have done minor modifications to cars and motorcycles. I would like to get a bit more in depth with the Prius.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice. If anyone can recommend anything that I missed, that would also be appreciated.

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Agontyr @ Aug 9 2006, 11:07 AM) [snapback]300313[/snapback]</div>
    1) I got my GT covers at the Toyota dealership. As they bought in quantity, I got them for less than GT directly (also no shipping charges). Plus they had samples which I could take out to my Prius, so I could see what would look good before buying. As for matching, my Prius has an ivory interior, but I went with grey as it worked with the interior and the exterior (Seaside Pearl). Here's how they look in the front and back.

2) I had a MFD screen protector for only about a day or so. I never could get it on just right, and ended up with either a bubble or a piece of dirt. Also, when I was wearing polarized sunglasses, there was a rainbow on the MFD.

3. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Agontyr @ Aug 9 2006, 02:07 PM) [snapback]300313[/snapback]</div>
    I didn't get seat covers. The farbic is very easy to clean.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Agontyr @ Aug 9 2006, 02:07 PM) [snapback]300313[/snapback]</div>
    Don't buy the one that sticks to the MFD. The NuShield one "flows" on the MFD, which I prefer.

I didn't get one, can't help you on that.

DO NOT get the exactmats. Get something that can hold sand and water. I remember seeing one with little cups on it. I got the exactmats.. they fit perfectly, but the sand and water just slide to the edge.

I got one on ebay. Actually, it says Corolla on the back. Some people on here like the Matrix one better.

If you do oil changes, you can find the info on John's website (john1701a.com). If you are doing anything more involve, having the manual doesn't hurt.

4. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    ah crap... double post... ignore this..

5. SaintStephen

SaintStephen New Member

The only accessory I've added to date is that nice sun shield that one can get through Priuschat for 30 bucks even. Seems to to a good job out here.

enjoy

steve