1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

accident help

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by daboy, Jan 25, 2013.

1. daboy

daboy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    hey guys. someone hit my parked car on the street and I think it needs some minor repair and paint. what shop shoud I use? I'm worried about the paint not matching the summer rain. The person who hit my car has geico and i have geico too. Should I go to the geico xpress shop or to the dealer? I don't know what to do. TIA

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Since we don't know where you are here's some generic advice.

Unless there are restrictions in your policy take it wherever you want. Visit the shop & talk to them. The shop should be clean. Ask about the paint booth. How do the finished or "in process" vehicles look? What is the shop's warranty? There are three ways to do things: Fast, Cheap, and Right. Any good shop can get paint to match, especially new paint as it hasn't had much time to fade.

I don't know anything about the Geico Xpress Shop but from their website it appears to be just their list of preferred shops. NJM offers the same service in that if you choose one of their approved shops the adjuster's trip is eliminated because they accept the shop's damage report. Enterprise will send a rental to any shop to pick you up and if the price of the car is completely covered by your policy they will direct bill the insurance company.

iSphinx and daboy like this.
  3. wmo168

wmo168 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

How was the repair done? Did they get the paint match? I have someone hit my back bumper and put 4 holes in it.

4. daboy

daboy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I went to the dealer and i think they did a pretty good job.

5. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Just a FYI Geico authorized shops have a lifetime guarantee which is nice to have on a big damage claim. Any old shop including the dealer has a 90 day guarantee. Paint - all shops use the factory paint code. Paint with age and environment fades. The shop has experience blending.

6. wmo168

wmo168 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

Great glad they able to match the paint 100%... it is sometimes you can tell the different shade at different lighting condition.