1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Accidental key fob triggers in my pocket

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bcochran52, Dec 4, 2007.

1. bcochran52

bcochran52 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Any ideas on how to keep the Prius key fob in my front pants pocket from accidentially having buttons pressed when I bend down, etc.?

I often hear the Prius beep as if I had pressed the door unlock key fob button when it was just moving around in my pocket (and likely touching something else in my pocket). The real clincher was when the panic alarm went off as I bent down by the front bumper to feed the cat in the garage. Neither I or the cat were too happy about that. I need someone to invent a 'fob sleeve' to protect from such false triggers.:mad:

2. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Welcome to PriusChat fellow Sacramentan!

At least you figured out what the problem was right away. The first time it happened to me was the panic alarm while I was washing the car. My first thought was, "this car does not have an alarm . . . did I somehow short circuit an alarm system with water?"

The best advice I can give is
    1) Wear looser fitting pants.
    2) If you are wearing jeans, try the little change pocket.
    3) Don't have anything else in that pocket.
    4) Bend at the knees, not the waist.

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I have never had this problem, but others have reported it. Some people have opened the fob and taped over the panic button contacts. Keep in mind that you can't use the panic button if you do this.

Tom