1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Accidentally hit a curb - need advice please!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by osXcode, Apr 19, 2007.

1. osXcode

osXcode New Member

Hello!

I was driving in torrance and my passengers just had to stop for a fosters freeze. Upon entering the drive way, I didn't notice the curb was all *#$%@D and, even entering slow, damaged the plasticky piece underneath the front bumper (it feels more like a paper composite) it has a small rip in it and I'd like it replaced (on my 2005 Prius).

Also, a few scapes in the white paint --- anyone have any experience with this? I know I feel like an idiot, but Longo toyota quoted me $700 to have the whole bumper repainted when I only need a 1x1inch spot taken care of under neath, a spot finish would work fine... Anyone have any suggestions for the socal area? or in general?

Also, the plasticky peice to replace, should I get it from a toyota dealer or is there a better source?
    Should I have them replace it (toyota) ? or can I do this?

Thanks so much for any advice!

2. bigj3347

bigj3347 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    you cannot see the plastic underneath unless you are changing your oil. I know for a fact that the same piece you're talking about is damaged on my prius from speed bumps that i took too fast. If it's not noticeable, then i wouldn't spend the money to replace it. On the flip side, if you're a perfectionist and just have to get it taken care of, non-dealer body shops charge cheaper labor rates and use original parts. which could save u some money.

3. osXcode

osXcode New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigj3347 @ Apr 19 2007, 04:45 PM) [snapback]426424[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks so much for the advice!!! I guess im a perfectionist in search of a non-dealer body shop :)

4. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(osXcode @ Apr 19 2007, 01:24 PM) [snapback]426165[/snapback]</div>
    First, don't let passengers eat in the car. ;) Second, I presume "fosters freeze" is some sort of ice cream as the only fosters freeze around here would be a beersickle (Yuck!). Third, you might want to consider some touch up paint. Here's the thread. http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=31986&hl=

5. osXcode

osXcode New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimN @ Apr 20 2007, 06:09 PM) [snapback]427097[/snapback]</div>
    You rock Jim!!