1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Activation email blocked by hotmail....

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Turbogizzmo, May 10, 2008.

1. Turbogizzmo

Turbogizzmo New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Yeah I checked all the normally places but after nothing worked i had to change my email to a different provider and then resend activation email via

PriusChat Forums - Email Activation Codes

Just FYI if anyones out there like me surfing the forum with no way to post ;)

2. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I had a Hotmail address for a short period of time and I wasn't impressed. I started getting spam almost immediately after signing up! Then I got a few pieces of what seemed to be legit e-mail addressed to an individual with the same last name and first initial (which was my hotmail address prefix), but obviously not for me. My guess is that some previous hotmail account holder had used the same prefix, and without consideration for the consequences Hotmail allowed a new user (me) to use the same prefix. I complained, but that only generated the boilerplate "We're sorry you're getting spam, here's how to control it" response.

I also had several e-mails that I knew had been sent fail to make it to my inbox. Then I never was able to get Thunderbird configured to send and receive via Hotmail. I gave up on it, I switched to Google Mail, and I am much happier.