1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Actron Scan Gauge Question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by john_dough, Oct 8, 2008.

1. john_dough

john_dough New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Two questions about the Actron Scan Gauge CP9150 from someone who has never used a scan gauge :

1. Can this be used with Prius Hybrid?

2. Does this have all the capabilty of the Scangauge II ? (I've pretty much read all the posts about Scangauge II).

Thanks

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi John,

I don't have specific experience with this product. However since no one else has responded - if you are interested in buying this I suggest you first ensure that it is rated to be compatible with the Toyota CAN.

If this is the case, then after you buy it, plug it into the OBD-II port and force a few faults. For example, you could remove the orange interlock in the traction battery to log a DTC in the hybrid vehicle and traction battery ECUs. Then you could remove a wire harness connector to a spark igniter and to a fuel injector, to force a DTC in the engine ECU. Then try to start the car, and see what DTC are registered by your scanner.

After you are done playing, then restore all connections and use the scanner to clear the DTC codes, or else disconnect the negative terminal of the 12V auxiliary battery for five minutes to clear the codes.