1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

actual cost of a prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by rmisko, Jan 31, 2010.

1. rmisko

rmisko New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    would like to know what people expect to actually paid for a 2010 with the tecnology package. us or canadian dollars. never bought a toyota before, mostly chev, kinda know how much to knock off list, not sure with the imports, thanks 4 the help.

2. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Given the demand that still exists on this vehicle, especially the models equipped with the Technology package, I doubt that you would get a tremendous deal at all. Most of us have been paying with 500 of MSRP, but there are regional differences.

That said, the Technology package is the one in highest demand, so there are not too many sitting on dealers' lots awaiting a bargain buyer.

3. PazPrius

PazPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I agree the demand is still high. It seems you are lucky to find a dealer with much selection more than 1 or 2 of a particular model. Choice of color in a model trim is hopeful at best. The salesmen pretty much tell you up front there is no room to move on price and why would they give you a couple thousand off when if they wait a day or two someone else will pay full price? I feel I was lucky at the end of the month I got a decent price on my trade in which I know they still turned for a nice profit. Also I did get a better working when I decided I wanted the 3 rather than the 2. More options on the vehicle means more built in profit.

4. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The AAA price for a V-AT tonight is US$30981 from a dealer 78 miles away (probably MD).

5. d41ssb

d41ssb New Member

Model:
    IV
    I paid MSRP in late November 2009 for a model that was extremely hard to find in CA at the time: Prius III with solar package (Blizzard Pearl). I called many dealers who all agreed that these were not then available in CA. But one dealer found or ordered one which I now own. I think that these may now be found on some lots in southern CA and my guess is that one could get a discount.