1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Add OEM Bluetooth to 07' touring 2

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by nickdelvecchio, May 14, 2010.

1. nickdelvecchio

nickdelvecchio New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was recently in my diagnostics menu in my #2 package(backup cam, no bluetooth/nav) Touring Prius, and I had the option to test/set the blue-tooth system!
    everything seemed to work, and I had full access to it, BUT it didn't pick up my voice. I'm assuming that there is no mic in the car- but according to the MFD, it can handle blue-tooth.

I'm wondering If anyone else has noticed this, and if I just need to find an OEM mic for the prius and plug it in?? Ive been wanting to put blue-tooth into it for a while, and this just took me off guard.

Thanks!

2. jelloslug

jelloslug It buffed right out!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You will have to add an MFD from a Bluetooth equipped car, the microphone, the JBL amp and the JBL 6 disk changer. There may be a slight possiblility that you don't have to add the JBL system. The wiring diagrams hint at the possibility but I have not had the chance to try it out.