1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

add on questions

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by DawnMarie, May 18, 2007.

1. DawnMarie

DawnMarie New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I just traded in my 2005 package #6 for a 2007 package #5 and am adding on the heated leather seats. I was also interested in the automatic door locks that click locked when you accelerate - do you know how/where to buy that? Will it void my warranty? My brother in law is pretty good with installing stuff like that.

I was also looking for a clear screen to protect my display. The dealer didn't know what I was talking about but my old one always got fingerprinted up.

I also can't seem to find my cargo net top left and top right clips. Do you have to order something special? I didn't trade in my net when I traded in my car but now am afraid I can't use it.

Does anyone know what the next generation of Prius is supposed to look like or how it will change?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Best,
    Dawn

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
  3. Darken

Darken Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    As mentioned by aaf709 Coastel technologies has the only auto door lock mode I know of.

I recommend Nushield for your MFD protector as others on here have. It doesn't seem as prone to fingerprints as others, I use it on both my prius and pda with great success.

http://www.nushield.com/manufacturer_detai...facturerid=2903

4. JayGoldstein

JayGoldstein Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darken @ May 19 2007, 02:01 AM) [snapback]445579[/snapback]</div>
    It is important to understand that the purpose of the Nushield is to protect the MFD from scratches. If that is what you are after, you will be happy with the Nushield (once you manage to get it into position). The Nushield is not intended to reduce glare. To the contrary, my experience was that when the sun was low in the sky, glare off of the Nushield made the MFD unreadable.

If you aren't satisfied with the Nushield, they will refund your money (provided that you return it with the invoice and all packaging materials).

5. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    If glare is an issue you can get a Sun Hood. They also sell leather covers for the arm rests, center console, etc.