1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Added a little Carbon Fiber (it now goes faster)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by daczone, Sep 14, 2015.

1. daczone

daczone Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Not liking the STOCK look of the Prius (yawn)... boring.. I wrapped the rear trunk as well as the front spoiler. I already had 18" TRD wheels and tires as well as Brembo caliper covers....

[​IMG]
    Disassembly and cleaning.

[​IMG]
    Don't need to take the wrap all the way up since it will be covered. The Heatgun is the trick to getting a good wrap.

[​IMG]
    Both piece's back together,n Removed the inner Toyota PRIUS BLUE from the logo, so Carbon fiber shows through.

[​IMG]
    Lid shut... Fiber is wrapped around the edges for a nice look

[​IMG]
    A little different looking Prius. I'm going to smoke the taillights SLIGHTLY.. Not much.

[​IMG]
    Wrapped the botton section of the air dam for a different look as well. Thinking about doing the mirrors as well.

[​IMG]
    I run with no front plate... Yes illegal, but it looks so much better that way. TRD wheels and Brembo covers (Silver) on the stock brakes.

2. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    nice looking finish

3. E Risch

E Risch Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Nice work! I am in the process or wraping mine as well.

4. solrunner

solrunner Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Black out the rear toyota emblem with plasti-dip (easy, $8). I did a light tint on my taillights with lamin-x film (12x24" sheets). It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

5. Blizzard_Persona

Blizzard_Persona Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Looks amazing man!! I love the color combos!

Just a little suggestion, I see you have the sunroof and tint (very nice btw) why don't you also wrap the two rectangle sections between the sunroof and the rear glass. It will blend in so much better and make a clean all black top.. I have no skills so had my tint shop wrap mine. Lol.

:) image.jpg

PLSPUSH and Dylan Doxey like this.
  6. Dylan Doxey

Dylan Doxey Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I think that's a great suggestion. I also think wrapping the mirrors would be a good move. Heck, I might wrap my mirrors now that I'm thinking about it.
    (If I could go back in time, I would have got the sunroof.)

7. daczone

daczone Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Yeah that section of roof is next... Mine is a model IV with the driving lights added. So I think that's about all the options. I ALMOST sold it, until I was without for a couple of weeks and realized I couldn't live with my Audi TT 24/7
    The tail lights seem like a B^#&* to wrap... but I'll try it.

8. E Risch

E Risch Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    what brand wrap are you using? Di-Noc?

9. Starbrand

Starbrand Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    nice @daczone ! I wish I did the full hatch, but was optimistic of my heatgun skills. Mine has survived these past 6-8 months and a few drive thru car washes. But there is ONE bubble that is bothering me, but waiting to hydodip next year to redo them all. There is CF wrap in other places such as the bumper and interior, but they're fine for now...
    [​IMG]

daddyd302 and PLSPUSH like this.