1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Adding an audio auxiliary to base 2007 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by tkdan235, Feb 1, 2011.

1. tkdan235

tkdan235 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My Prius is a base model without the JBL audio or the 3.5mm jack in the center console.

It has been hard to find any recent information on how to install an auxiliary input. After doing some fairly extensive research through the forums it is clear that the best way is to use a PAC AUX-BOX. The links that I have seen from forums posts, however, are old and lead to pages that no longer exist. One link did work to where another user purchased a PAC AUX-BOX but it was a shady dealer who claims to have 0 in stock.

I found one on amazon. Search for AUXBOX on amazon and then click on the one titled "DUAL AUXILIARY AUDIO INPUT" -- (I can't link to it on the forum because I don't have enough forum posts.)

Would that PAC AUX-BOX interface with my Prius? I don't recall any cd changer functionality in the in head unit, do all Priores have that functionality?

Is there a better solution to doing this?

Thanks for your time.

2. Oneaxepony

Oneaxepony Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    ....Copied from a previous post of mine...

"Lots people add an aux input to auxless Prii I am one. There are tons of posts about this on this forum. Unfortunately if you search for "aux" you wont find anything (not sure why). Instead search for DICE and GROM and read some of those posts which will give you leads to many others."

Now as to your specific question - the base Prius radio ('06 - '09) has a 12 pin CD changer port on the back. As you look at the radio from behind, it is the 2nd port from the left. Sounds like your AUX device plugs in there. I use a GROM adapter which also pluggs in there. Good luck with your project!