1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Adding Factory Navigation to a Package #4?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by BearSilber, Mar 30, 2008.

1. BearSilber

BearSilber New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Either I'm stupid or it can't be done but I swear I searched through the forums and haven't seen anything about it. Is it possible to add the factory navigation to a package #4, can the dealership do this? If it is possible does anyone know the cost? (I'd call them but it's Sunday morning and it's 4:30 AM :)

2. la cucaracha

la cucaracha New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My dealer said no. That it would not be what is offered from the factory and that I would not like it. True or not.. no idea.

3. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Many of us who have the Factory Installed NAV are not happy. More often than not when I try to use it, I end up pulling out my Garmin NuVi 360.

4. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Can't be done but why would you want it? Buy a portable unit, take it with you, and save a pile of money.

5. Syclone

Syclone Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Toyota Factory Nav is worse than the cheapest Portable Nav system you can buy! There are lots of threads detailing this. I know it's a disappointment not to have the maps up on that big screen, but, trust me, you won't need to look at the maps when the voice is telling you the name of the street to turn on, and the name of the location, if it came out of the GPS database.

Go with the Garmin Nuvi X60 series (360, 660, etc) if you need Bluetooth connectivity. Go with the X50 series if your Prius has Bluetooth built-in. There is one series (X70 I think) that has built-in Euro Maps in case you are thinking of driving in Europe. As the prices go up, there are more goodies, like traffic receivers.

The reason I suggest Garmin is that they have the best support for their products that I've ever seen. Better than any product I've ever bought. ALso, I love this company so much that I bought stock in it.

6. xsmatt81

xsmatt81 non-AARP Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    yes go with aftermarket. I had a change to fiddle with the MFD GPS through toyota in a camry, and it wasn't good at all. Ford has better GPS intergrated honestly. Garmin or tom-tom is the way to go. Dealer mark up GPS no good...