1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Adding factory tech features

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by bigmichaelkim, Oct 4, 2016.

1. bigmichaelkim

bigmichaelkim Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello, first time poster and proud new 2016 prius 3 owner.

I love my new car but after driving it for around 250 miles I am starting to regret not getting the advanced tech package when I purchased the car.

This might sound like a dumb question but is there anyway that I can add the factory system's radar cruise control, lane assistance, and most importantly head up display to my car at this point?

I will love my Angie regardless but adding these features would make my love affair grow even more.

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. neopunk1

neopunk1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    About 99.9% sure that you cannot add DRCC and all those stuffs in the ATP after taking delivery. It is one of those factory installed option.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    agree, anything can be done, but at what cost. your best bet is to check with aftermarket shops for aftermarket products.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    agree, anything can be done, but at what cost. your best bet is to check with aftermarket shops for aftermarket products.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

6. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well it sounds to me like you didn't get the car you have discovered you really want.

Those are pretty technical and integrated systems, I don't think they are easily added aftermarket. Or at least I've never read a post where someone has added those features.

If you fear this is going to be a "big" thing over the next couple of years? Then you might want to see how much of a hit you'd take if you immediately traded "Angie" in for a better equipped Prius. It would cost you, but I think it's really the most viable way to get those options.

Since I use to own a Prius Two, with NONE of those features, my baseline advice would be " Love The One You're With ". My personal opinion are those are all nice, but features I personally don't think are necessary.

So pick a song....either Stephen Stills and " Love The One You're With " or The Rolling Stones and "Angie"...because " You Can't Say You're Satisfied".

I tend to be more spartan....and I personally don't see any of those tech features as something I'd spend a lot of money to obtain. But that's just me.

7. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well it sounds to me like you didn't get the car you have discovered you really want.

Those are pretty technical and integrated systems, I don't think they are easily added aftermarket. Or at least I've never read a post where someone has added those features.

If you fear this is going to be a "big" thing over the next couple of years? Then you might want to see how much of a hit you'd take if you immediately traded "Angie" in for a better equipped Prius. It would cost you, but I think it's really the most viable way to get those options.

Since I use to own a Prius Two, with NONE of those features, my baseline advice would be " Love The One You're With ". My personal opinion are those are all nice, but features I personally don't think are necessary.

So pick a song....either Stephen Stills and " Love The One You're With " or The Rolling Stones and "Angie"...because " You Can't Say You're Satisfied".

I tend to be more spartan....and I personally don't see any of those tech features as something I'd spend a lot of money to obtain. But that's just me.

8. goldfinger

goldfinger Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    When you hit the end of the warranty you won't regret not having all that tech.

Rnd0209 and William Redoubt like this.
  9. RCE1

RCE1 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I'd like to add the HUD. I got the rest with my Touring 4, but not that. I know there are aftermarket ones, but they aren't that well integrated into the dash. At least the ones I've seen so far aren't.

Rnd0209 likes this.
  10. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There are phone apps that will do that kind of thing.

11. Rnd0209

Rnd0209 New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I too would like to add that to my III. I looked into it and unfortunately you would have to cut the dash up and then remove the entire dash board etc.. You can buy the parts but i think its just too much time and money which defeats the purpose of the Prius lol..

iPad ?

12. goldfinger

goldfinger Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You could add an aftermarket HUD.

13. bigmichaelkim

bigmichaelkim Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I see. Thanks for the replies guys. I will learn to love the one I am with.