1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

adding fuel to the fire - the ole plate - 07 Touring

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by bradysplace, Mar 27, 2007.

1. bradysplace

bradysplace Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I just have to. Sorry. Just added the stiffening plate to my 07 Touring Prius. I got the same results that I did when I added the plate to my 06 prius. The car becomes more laterally stable. I play with machinery for a living and am not easily swayed by others opinions. I'm sure the appropriate kind of engineer might be able to explain why the BT stablizes the car laterally better than the stock plate. On my 07 Touring it removed about 75% of the lateral swaying (as in passing large trucks, strong gusty crosswinds etc.). I run an even 40 psi in all tires, which of course has a tendency to increase lateral instability but the slightly better mpg and the addition of "THE PLATE" has provided a acceptable compromise.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    good to know it works on the Touring too.

3. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thank you for taking the time to post your impressions of our product. On an O/T note what kind of eqpt do you fly?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bradysplace @ Mar 27 2007, 11:48 PM) [snapback]413337[/snapback]</div>