1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Adding Good Leather to a 2005 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by osXcode, Apr 19, 2007.

1. osXcode

osXcode New Member

Anyone have any good expereince with a southern california area upholsterer? I want to have the seats redone in good leather. I remember there was some talk about "Katskin"? Should I get that package?

I am really looking for an upholsterer to do the interior in good leather, without having to order anything.

Are there any recommendations for the Southern California Area?

Any good experience would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

2. acdii

acdii Active Member

I was wondering the saem, about getting mine wrapped in leather, my only concern would be the side airbags that are part of the seats.

3. osXcode

osXcode New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ACD @ Apr 19 2007, 12:05 PM) [snapback]426198[/snapback]</div>
    I called the dealer (longo toyota) and I am having the seats done on monday. It takes them 3 days. They say the side airbags are designed to work with the leather, this upholsterer at Longo Toyota is toyota "certified" supposedly. I want the steering wheel done as well....

Will let you know what happens :)

4. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well let us all know what the "certified" installer charged and post some pictures. I had my car done in two-tone leather with heated seats. The centers are black perforated leather and the outers are tan to match the door panels. Total job was $1,200 or $1,300, including the seat heaters. Car done in 1 day and 53K miles later it still looks perfect. I posted plenty of pictures back then.

5. osXcode

osXcode New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cairo94507 @ Apr 19 2007, 06:14 PM) [snapback]426469[/snapback]</div>
    Who did you have do that? Where did they put the switch for the heaters? Longo just quoted me $1595 without any heaters!