1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Adding pictures to a post: More than 3 ?

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by SageBrush, Mar 19, 2009.

1. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    PriusChat has a wonderful way to add pictures by way of thumbnails that open a floating window to display them. My question is: can more than 3 pictures be attached to a post, and if so how. I use either Safari or FF on Mac OS 10.5

2. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, you can add more than 3 photos to a post as attachments.

After you've uploaded 3 photos as attachments, just click on the paper clip icon and "browse your computer" for another 1, 2 or 3 and then upload those.

PriusChat limits the size of each type of attachment and the cumulative number of attachments that a user may post on this board (but does not otherwise limit the number of attachments a user may attach to any one post).

I prefer to use my allotment of attachments for non-photo files only (e.g., Microsoft Word files, PDF files) because such files can only be included in a post by attaching them.

For photos, I prefer to insert them full or large size right into posts instead of attaching them as little thumbnails. I like this better because the photo is full or large size and higher resolution and right in the text of your post. You can do this by either:

1. Inserting the URL of the photo off another internet site (click on the mountain/sun/yellow sky icon on the upper far right and insert or "wrap" the URL of the photo between the bracketed terms "imglink" and "/imglink". Or

2. Copying and inserting the BB Code from photos you've uploaded to a Photo Album that you've created on PriusChat. To create a Photo Album on PriusChat, click on the Photos or Photo Albums links at the top of any page on PriusChat.

For further info on these or other website issues, click on the "FAQ" link at the top of a PriusChat page. You can word search the entire FAQ section.

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I use my quota for off-topic useless and silly photos. There are plenty of serious people posting to this forum. It's my duty to compensate for them.

Tom

4. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Much obliged, Boo.