1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Adding usb to 2010 Prius 2

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Noahlang94, Mar 22, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Noahlang94

Noahlang94 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi all, I bought a usb interface kit off of eBay (part no pt233-47100). Tonight I went to install it with instructions I found on here. I couldn’t find the XM ECU, so I couldn’t find anywhere to hook it up to. There aren’t any modules under the seats. I don’t have navigation nor JBL. Can I still hook it up? If so, where would the connectors be?

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yikes! I just did some research on what you bought and it looks like 15 year old outdated tech junk... Hope you can get your money back... There's so many other ways to connect your electronic devices in 2024. Probably the first best step is to upgrade your car stereo or rear view mirror to the newest option that will handle all your phone connection needs.

3. Noahlang94

Noahlang94 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    i have thought about installing a different stereo in my car, but I like the fact of it looking how it came. I want to be able to plug my phone into the usb in the center console and not have any additional changes to the radio/face plate if that makes sense. I just don’t know if the kit I bought that was supposed to go with the car can work since I couldn’t find the XM radio module where the instructions I found on here said it should be.