1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Additional functions for the nav screen

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jamarimutt, Jun 20, 2004.

1. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

The navigation screen could perform a number of functions that are unavailable or hidden in the 300+ page car manual. I would add a modify functions option that would take you to a screen in which you could:

1. turn on or off the reverse beep
    2. turn off the maintenance (oil change) light
    3. reprogram smart entry to change the locking sequence for the doors (page 30 in the manual
    4. turn on or off a beep for the passenger's safety belt

Go ahead and make additional suggestions; maybe someone from Toyota will take note for the 2006 model. :roll:

2. Darkmage

Darkmage New Member

How about an option to turn off that :cussing: "I agree" screen?
    Something to edit entries in the phone book without reimporting?
    Switch the behavior of the Input button on the wheel between "Show last energy screen" to "toggle between historic and instant energy screens"??
    Turn on/off the miles/tank auto-reset?

3. glscheil1

glscheil1 New Member

Editing phonebook

You can do this now. Go to the proper screen of the phone book, press delete and THEN highlight the number you want to delete. It will then ask you if you want to delete the entry. Just press YES.

4. delrey

delrey Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Re: Editing phonebook

Deleting is good, but is not "editing". If you need to correct a phone number or name, you have to delete it and then add back the correct entry.

Especially since after deleting an entry, then sending (with add mode rather than replace) the corrected entry from the phone at a later date, several of my quick dial numbers were displaying the wrong name afterwards.