1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Additional HOV stickers might become available

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dionmonge, Feb 16, 2007.

1. dionmonge

dionmonge New Member

This was from an article published in the LA Times on 2/5/07. Here is the link: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-ca...-home-headlines

It says,

"Assemblywoman Sally Lieber (D-Mountain View), who cosponsored a bill last year permitting the 10,000 additional stickers, said she would consider increasing the cap again. 'Eighty-five thousand hybrid stickers throughout California is not a lot,' Lieber said. 'There are 32.8 million vehicles registered in California. Hybrids are better for air quality in California, and hybrid owners are going to be rewarded'."

also it says

"Adam Mendelsohn, a spokesman for Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, said another expansion in the program would require review. "The governor strongly supports programs that encourage use of alternative energy and reduction of the state's dependence on fossil fuel," he said."

Just thought that I might give a little hope to the person still trying to get these. Write assemblymembers Sally Lieber and Ted Lieu to put a little pressure on.

2. bugmenot

bugmenot New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ladodgers @ Feb 16 2007, 02:10 AM) [snapback]391320[/snapback]</div>
    I'm not optimistic that more HOV stickers will be made available to hybrids, considering that Caltrans had recommended against issuing 10,000 more stickers during the last round. Under existing law, Caltrans can kick hybrids out of any HOV lanes they deem to be overcrowded, and I'd hate for that to happen if more hybrids were issued HOV stickers.

HOV stickers were originally intended to boost the sales of electric, natural gas, and propane vehicles. We hybrid owners should be thankful to have received this privilege, even if limited in number (the tax credits didn't hurt, either!)