1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

adjusted market value?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by r4bbit82, Jun 8, 2009.

1. r4bbit82

r4bbit82 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I went to a dealership and I saw a beautiful 2010 blizzard pearl package II prius and looked at the window sticker. There's a yellow paper attached to the window that says "Adjusted Market Value: $5,000". I know I'm not gonna buy from that dealership because for a package II is $29,000! :eek:

I just wanted to know what is the purpose of "Adjusted Market Value" or is it something that dealership makes it up to make it look real to trick customers?

2. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    It is a Added Charge due to the fact that the car just came out and the demand is Huge. A Way for the dealer to make added money.
    Do not pay anything over MSRP. Just waite and the market will adjust.
    Hope This Helps
    And Welcome To PC.
    Lots of good info here.

3. r4bbit82

r4bbit82 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yea, thank goodness I researched especially on here, PriusChat. There's someone on here saying that he was able to get 2010 Prius $250 under MSRP! I wish I live close to that dealership and buy it from them. Oh well.

4. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    In this case, the very first 2010 delivered to each dealer is intended to be a demo car, that stays on the lot so people can see and test drive it. Someone else pointed out in another thread that the dealer sometimes put these "market adjustments" on a demo car to make sure it stays on the lot. It doesn't mean every 2010 they sell will have this market adjustment. On the other hand, if someone is stupid enough to pay it, I'm sure they'll be happy to take their money! :D

5. r4bbit82

r4bbit82 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    that totally makes sense!! :cool:

thanks for the info!!

6. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Wow,
    I am surprised a dealer would post a sign saying + $5000 market adjustment to keep a Demo on the lot. Seems like it would scare away buyers. Why not just post a sign that reads "DEMO" and then when people ask to buy it, say it is not for sale if they don't want to sell it.

7. topkick

topkick Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Got a call from a dealer today to tell me that the first 2010 Prius II had arrived. I am looking for a IV but wanted to look at anything 2010 at this point so I went and drove it. I looked at the price sticker and it said $25,000 +or- and I commented on the prices and he said yes but there is a $5,000 adjusted market value also.

I laughed and said good luck with that! So he got his sales manager (the same one that I had bought my 2007 from) and I told the sales manager there was no way that I would pay more than MSRP.

He offered me a 2010 IV that's coming in like I want for $31,000 or my 2007 plus $13,000. I told him no thanks, that I could find a dealer that will sell for MSRP. I also told him that by next year he would be going below MSRP to sell them. (I hope that turns out to be true).

I know I can find dealers on here that will sell for MSRP, but I would have to travel some distance and that would just add miles to my 2007 and not know what I would get for trade in, or I would have to sell it my self.

Anyway I thought I would put this out there for info., this was only one dealer and I am still talking to a couple of others, but this was the first 2010 to hit OKC that I have found.

8. FrankD

FrankD Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My local dealer just got in on Thursday night a 2010 in the blue color, I believe a pkg #3.
    They told me this morning that they just sold it. I asked when they expected another one and they told me in a month or so.......
    I'm glad I got to see it when I did.

Another dealer told me last week that they were just taking deposits...($500) to get put on a "long waiting list". She called me Friday telling me to come in and drive the one they just got and that I could buy it if I wanted........