1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Adjusting air flow in A/C Auto mode?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mikepaul, Dec 29, 2004.

1. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'd prefer to have warm air blow at my face rather than my legs, but so far this winter no matter how warm the car has gotten the A/C Auto climate control keeps most of the air blowing at my legs.

If I manually select dash-and-floor mode, the Auto light goes off. AFAICT, there is no temperature control without Auto mode, so I'd prefer not to have to do this. I'd rather have the car keep the temperature within the right limits than play with it while driving.

Seems to me, when it's hot out and the A/C is cooling, eventually the cool air will come out of the dash, but this changeover isn't happening when heat is being provided.

Anyone know how to convince the car that Auto-mode heating should stop being legs-only after a while?

Thanks...

2. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Actually the temp. does work with the auto switch off. Not sure why but I turn it off for this reason also but the heat does adjust. Even with the auto switch off if you put the temp up and down the fan speed increases and decreases and the air get hotter and colder.

3. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    My best "test" of the effectiveness of A/C Auto is to leave it off for a while, then turn it back on and see if it changes what the fan is doing at that moment.

I was driving around on Sunday with no Auto but temp set for 74, and when I reactivated Auto mode, the fan almost completely shut off. If there was some sort of control going on just before that based on the set temperature, I'd have to wonder why Auto made any corrections...

4. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Mike I'm trying to think how I do it... If you turn off the auto function on the steering whell that efectively turns everything off but if you do to the screen and make sure the lights for the auto and A/C are off then hit the pnael vent button I'm sure the fan will come on and the temp. will adjust even though the auto light is off, you just Can't use the button on the wheel