1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Adjusting gas mapping on prius 3rd. gen.

Discussion in 'Prius v Technical Discussion' started by syscon, Sep 30, 2012.

1. syscon

syscon Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Can dealer adjust gas mapping on Prius 3rd. gen so it is the same as on 2nd. gen. Prius?

I like the idea of gliding, when engine is OFF and battery is not going into charge mode but that point on Prius 3-rd gen. is very hard to lock onto.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    no. it really is the same, but the display is different. just keep the hsi close to the charge/discharge line.

3. syscon

syscon Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I never had a chance to drive Prius gen. 2 so I can not compare it, but looking via various posts and videos to get the state point where either battery is being charged nor engine is taking any energy from the battery is easy to get. On gen.3 it is hard to get it; if my foot is steady and the road is smooth it is possible to catch it.

Are you saying that on gen. 2 the battery is being charged and/or taking energy from the battery even though the HSI is not showing it?

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    no, the gen II did not have an hsi. it only had the energy display showing the power direction from ice to wheels and/or battery, and from battery to wheels and wheels to battery. if no arrows were showing, then true glide with no power coming or going anywhere. it was easy to attain because the display was programmed to allow for small throttle movement with out changing display.

on the gen III, that display is more subtle and it's difficult to display no arrows. but if you watch the hybrid system indicator, when the power bar is very close to the charge/discharge line, you are moving little to no energy and is the same as gen II, true glide.

the difference between the two displays on the gen III is that when you're watching the arrows, they are either on or off. but when you watch the hsi, you see the energy barely on one side or the other or not at all. you can tell when you're gliding. with the arrows, you may be gliding even if they are moving, you just can't tell.