1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Adjusting the rear-view mirrors

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by richard schumacher, May 12, 2004.

1. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The Tom and Ray method is particularly suited to the Prius. While in the driver's seat:

1. Lean as far left as you can comfortably. Adjust the driver's side mirror so that you can just see the left side of the car and things to the left.

2. Lean as far right as you can comfortably. Adjust the passenger side mirror so that you can just see the right side of the car and things to the right.

3. Return to your normal driving position and center the rear view in the center rear view mirror.

4. Drive cautiously until you confirm that you can indeed see everything behind you with no blind spots.

skirmish likes this.
  2. Ken Cooper

Ken Cooper New Member

Yes. This is a very effective technique. I started doing it this way several years ago when Farmers Insurance put out a flyer on the subject.

Still, even with good mirror adjustment, when backing up there is a visability issue with this car.

Last weekend I bumped into a post that scratched my bumper (first time I've done that in 50 years of driving).

As soon as I got home I ordered one of the backup sensor/beepers that you connect to your license plate frame.

Any suggestions for getting rid of the scratches? I tried Kit Scratch Out; it didn't work.