1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Advanced Battery Systems - When will they be publicly available?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by andrewsilver, Jun 13, 2007.

1. andrewsilver

andrewsilver Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Greetings,

Anybody know what is the market status of the various advanced battery systems?

The Edrive site still says:
    When can I get EDrive installed in my 2004-2006 Prius?
    Our goal is to have the commercial EDrive product available in the Spring of 2006.

The Hymotion site says:
    Q1 - When can I get my Toyota Prius and/or Ford Escape Hybrid installed with a Hymotion plug-in kit?
    Our PHEV kits are currently available only for government and fleet use. However, we are working to ship PHEV kits for consumer use early in the new year, 2007.

2. Steve-o

Steve-o New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(andrewsilver @ Jun 13 2007, 11:09 AM) [snapback]460903[/snapback]</div>
    I have spoken to Hydromotion personally and they say that mid 2008 is more realistic for a consumer release. They also said that they are shooting for a $4000 price range, which is great comparable to the 10k others have said it would be. There system is also plug and play, so hopefully no warranty issues.

EDrive is hard to get a hold of and they don't update their website. Not a player as I see it if they can't even update a website properly.

There is a company that is doing consumer versions right now if you have the scratch. A company by the name of Hybrids-Plus: http://hybrids-plus.com/

For 24k you can get up to 30 miles of EV only. For another 8k, you can double that and expect 60 miles of EV only. They replace the factory batteries with Lithium replacements, so say good bye to your hybrid warranty (possibly).

If I had 32k lying around I would do it, but unfortunately...

3. saechaka

saechaka Member

very good news. i'm at 95k and should be hitting 100k in the next 2 months. i'll def. look into getting a plug in kit if it's under 5k.