1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Advanced Technology Package limited to 2% of build!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by benbethel, May 23, 2009.

1. benbethel

benbethel Junior Member

I just received a call from my dealer in Arizona (I've bought *five* 2nd generation priuses from them, so I think they like me) saying they had a white package 5 with bisque interior coming in, but it didn't have the solar (which I knew) but didn't have the Advanced Technology Package and asked if I was interested.... I said I'd wait for a white one with the ATP, and she said that at their district meeting they were told that Toyota was limiting the ATP to 2% of the "build" - I think that means of the total cars....

Anyone else heard this? If so, do you think this might actually help protect the value of this package?

2. wacko999

wacko999 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I placed an order for a blizzard pearl, package V with advanced technology package today. They said that if I wanted barcelona red, there was one coming to them in three weeks. I had to pass since I am trying to get rid of my red Lexus because it's too much work to take care of. My blizzard white will be in sometime in August-September. They said that the red one is the only one with the advanced technology package that is coming their way that they know of for a couple of months.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Toyota USA (TMS) only expects a handful of buyers to spring for the AT Package (mostly those that value the technology in there or those moving down from Lexus and already have those technological features in their Lexus).

4. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yes, I remember a post here a while back that made mention that only 2-3% of total production was expected to be Prius V's with the Advanced Technology package, so it could very well be true.

5. XMAN LIVE

XMAN LIVE "Just have Fun!"

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    From the sound of it, Toyota needs to re-think that, it seems there are a lot of people wanting 5 with ATP... it sounds like we are going to get some feedback on LKA this next week. This could make people really want it or back off and get a sunroof instead...

6. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I think I'll make this available PPV.

Let's see . . . 2% of 180,000 is 3,600 . . . $4,500 divided by 3,600 is $1.25 . . . at least half won't know about the PPV (and no-one will re-order it!), so I think I'll need to charge $12.50 per show (Danny will probably ask for $10 per event, you know!).

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  8. XMAN LIVE

XMAN LIVE "Just have Fun!"

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Good idea, but I think I need all my money to pay for my new car. Love to get the info on LKA and cruise control. On the other hand you could be saving me a lot of cash. If the LKA and cruise thing sucks :eek:, I could ether get a sunroof or just keep my 06 Prius. I do love it and a bit scared to upgrade and not love it.

9. bob brown

bob brown Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Limit to only 2%? Didn't Toyota make a similar marketing error with the 2004 limiting the top package production?

10. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I know what you mean! On practically all fronts.

But what else to early adopters do? (Actually, we're pretty low risk folks being "early adopters" on a car using lots of proven technology.)

I do not want to get rid of my '07, but I can't justify holding on to another car. I know there are many improvements that make this car just that much better, but it seems to be a bit of a bird-in-hand comparison. I KNOW how great the '07 is!!