1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Advent Splash Screens

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by g00s3, Feb 20, 2012.

1. g00s3

g00s3 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    So I just had my Advent Nav installed and I do Love IT!! I found out though that you could customize the splash screen (you know, the screen that is on start up). Any one know how I could do this and if there is a program I need? I have a file (jpg and ai) already created but have ZERO idea on how to create the file or whatever to make the splash screen. I asked the dealer where I got it installed and they didn't know either!

Any help would be awesome, this forum helped me in my decision with the Advent vs the Rosen and Fly Audio! Thanks

2. brewcrew9

brewcrew9 Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Not sure about how to add splash screens to the Advent Unit, bit read on other sites you have to put the jpg on a memory card upon start up. I guess I would call advent or the guys at ADC Mobile to see for sure.

If you don't mind, can you tell me how you like it ? Also did you add speakers or an AMP, ect. I am days away from upgrading my wife's and mine 2011 Prius cars with the advents, but I haven't ordered them yet.

I have the 4 sets of Alpine speakers and the two Amp's sitting here ready to go, just waiting for me to pull the trigger and buy the Advent units.

Also, did you buy the iGo Primo Nav software upgrade disc or did it come preinstalled.

Sorry, I hope you don't mind the questions, I'm not trying to hijack your thread, there is just so little info out there on this unit.

Again thanks

3. brewcrew9

brewcrew9 Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  4. cambridgehank

cambridgehank Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have tried that link with no success, it takes you to a page about Rosen OEM units. I have searched ACD's website with nothing to document how to download a splash screen. I emailed them with no response!

5. cambridgehank

cambridgehank Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Has anyone been able to download and install a new splash screen?

6. Fartface1

Fartface1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Don't bother with ADC. The Walt guy won't let you have access to any splash screens if you didn't buy the unit from them.