1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Advice for a Buyer in the DC area?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by beall, Oct 28, 2005.

1. beall

beall New Member

Hello,

I am a new user. I was looking to see if anyone would be kind enough to share their experiences good/bad in the dc area. I am specifically looking to purchase a 2005 prius in black package #6 with the leather seat option.

Any advice about dealers what you paid and when would be great as well as any other comments you can share about your experience.

Thanks! :D

2. DeadPhish

DeadPhish Senior Member

Outer Banks of NC.. Retired to play golf and poker
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm in Chesapeake. Unless you need a vehicle NOW consider waiting and putting a deposit on a new 2006 model for delivery after Jan1. There are very few '05's left in CAT, our region, that are not already spoken for. The new 2006's are in process now in Japan and should shipout in the next 2 weeks or so arriving in NY around Thanksgiving; i.e. in the show rooms early Dec. '06 Prices are imminent because the packages have changed slightly. You cant order an '05 with leather other than to get it aftermarket. This is perfectly acceptable solution. I've done it on 100+ Toyota's, including my own Highlander. The biggest problem is finding an available '05.

However there may be a few new '06's in Dec if you must have one immediately because most buyers will be specifying an '06 for delivery after Jan 1.

In the new model leather is not a stand alone option. It's called package 8.

Call me if you have any questions.

3. heavenleigh

heavenleigh New Member

I just bought a Prius in the DC area, I was going to buy a new '05 pkg 4, but ended up getting a used '04 pkg 8 from a dealership in Baltimore. None of the dealers near me (in MD) would even consider anything below MSRP, but I did have a good experience with Erin Zoellers at Jim Coleman Toyota in Bethesda. For used cars, the washingtonpost.com classifieds are a really good source. Good luck.

--
    Hillary