1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Advice for pick-up day?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Big Steve, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Big Steve

Big Steve ramblin wreck

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Well at 9am tomorrow, I pick up my Prius! I can't wait.

So what should I do? Ask? Look at? I don't to wake up next week saying, I just should have...

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Have any systems adjusted by a technician before you pick it up. Make your requests for the SKS system door locking functions, turning off back up beep etc.. This will save you a trip in the future and it won't cost you anything to do it now.

3. ny_rob

ny_rob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Browse through the Gen III forums and write down any questions you have- bring them with you to the dealership. There's no way you're going to remember all of them tomorrow.

Allow at least 2 hours for your appointment.

Don't buy the extended warranty from the dealership- if you're going to consider it, purchase it here at a huge discount: http://priuschat.com/forums/sponsor...rius-extended-warranty-service-contracts.html

Don't buy accessories from the dealership- use the internet to shop for the same Toyota accessories at considerable discounts.

Your new car comes with 2 years of Toyota Care (which includes free 24/7 roadside assistance) make sure the salesperson gives you all the info and contact phone number for this service.

+1 on what F8L mentioned about having them set your preferences for backup beep, all doors open, etc. Have them (the service dept) do it while you're reviewing the paperwork with your salesperson and visiting with the finance guy.

PS- bet you wake up early tomorrow :D:D

4. Big Steve

Big Steve ramblin wreck

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    That would assume I will sleep!