1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Advice from Parents please

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by suaremi, May 11, 2006.

1. suaremi

suaremi New Member

Can anyone tell me if there's enough cargo room in the trunk of a 2006 Prius for a standard running/jogging stroller?

2. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(buzzdad @ May 11 2006, 12:34 PM) [snapback]253534[/snapback]</div>
    Mine fits--I have a 5K jogger. It takes a bit of manuevering, and you've gotta get it JUST right, but it fits. It also ends up with lots of room around the edges to pack in more stuff. Also, you may be able to lay down one of the seats to help make the space. I know that means the car seat would have to move to the side, but it'd be okay...

Best of luck! :p

3. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(buzzdad @ May 11 2006, 12:34 PM) [snapback]253534[/snapback]</div>
    If it folds up pretty well then yes. We can fit two standard strollers in the back. You need to put them vertically and it does block rear vision somewhat, but they do fit. One jogger should fit too.

4. jfschultz

jfschultz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(buzzdad @ May 11 2006, 11:34 AM) [snapback]253534[/snapback]</div>
    Well I was at the other end of the spectrum, my wife and I parenting her mom. I had to work out the best orientation for a wheel chair but it fit quite well without folding the back seats.

Actually the first time, I took a measure and found the front door opening a bit wider on the Prius than the 2000 Camry. This helped in lifting her and getting her in and out of the car.