1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Advice on buying '07 Prius Touring #6 loaded

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by babybird, Aug 28, 2011.

1. babybird

babybird Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    A dealer near me has a 2007 Prius Touring package #6 for sale right now with about 48,000 miles on it. It's a Toyota certified used car and I'm told has all the options that were available, leather, nav, and so on. It's a one-owner car with clean Carfax, dealer maintained with all the recall work completed.

They're asking $22,788 for it but I'm wondering what a fair price on it would be in this market? It seems like that's probably only a few hundred dollars below what it sold for new so it sounds high to me but then I've never priced a fully loaded model so maybe it's not that high. I'd love to get them down to around $19k but I'm not sure they'd go below $20,500 or $21,000 on it. Is it worth that?

KBB and NADA both show around $18,500-$19,300 or so for one in excellent condition but I don't know if that includes package 6 and all the options it has.

This car is flawless and I'd love to buy it but I don't want to get ripped off for it if I have a good chance of finding another similar one for a better price somewhere else if I look around. I'm not in a huge hurry to buy, I could potentially wait until early next year, but I rarely see a top model with all the options in this condition come up for sale so I'm trying to decide whether or not to pull the trigger on it. It's even in a color I don't hate (not my favorite but super white still looks nice to me).

I'm in Colorado, basically in the heart of Prius-central so prices here are very high because people seem to have more money than brains. I'm on the fence. Any thoughts or advice for a hopeful new Prius owner? What should I put as my price cut-off for a car with this equipment in this condition?

Also, on a Toyota certified used car, the salesman I talked to said the warranty would cover it to 100,000 miles or 2014 or 2015, he wasn't sure on the year. What are the terms on a certified used vehicle warranty? Wouldn't it just be the balance of factory? I couldn't make heads nor tails of what he was telling me on that and I'm not sure where to look for reliable information.

All help appreciated!

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  3. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Tell the dealer the price you are willing to pay, give them your email address and hope they mail you in two or three weeks. I say email since a phone number will result in near daily calls where they try to scare you into buying before someone else picks up this bargin. They will wait that long to find a fool willing to pay their price. If your area is populated with fools then you have no chance.